Under the recently updated data protection law, you have a right to be informed about how we use any of your personal data that we hold. In order to comply with this law we would like to explain below how we are currently using your data and give you the opportunity to opt out at any stage.
Our data protection officer is Max Bruckshaw and is open to discussion regarding any queries or questions regarding the following information.
Personal data we hold:
- Your name, date of birth and address
- Your contact details (mobile phone number, house phone number and email address)
- Your CV – any information you have presented on your CV will also be stored
- Bank details (if this has been given to us for Payroll purposes)
- Your NI number (if this has been given to us for Payroll purposes)
- Your career history and current salary/expected salary
- Copy of your ID, if given
Why we use this data:
- Contacting you regarding relevant/suitable roles
- Marketing information about our company
- Process any payments to you
- Research regarding the marketplace
- Arranging meetings with you
- Sending your information to our clients
- Proof of ability to work within the UK
Using your details for marketing purposes:
Where you have given us the consent to do so we shall send your details to our clients to arrange an interview and interest in your CV for you. We will only do so on your behalf if you have given us permission to do so. We will not mailshot your personal details, these will be removed before doing so.
Collecting your information:
We have access to various job boards which have the facility to access your CV; you have given this information. We collect this information and store on our database in order to contact you. We also trace email contact with you and obtain any information you have given to us over the phone or via email. We also collect career information via internet searches.
How we store your data:
All your data is stored on our database, we have printed copies of any payslips and/or any information you have posted manually. If given, we will also store a copy of your identification.
Data sharing within the UK and internationally:
We do not share your personal information with any third party without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Where it is legally required, or necessary (and it complies with data protection law), we may share personal information about you with our accountants and clients.
We do not currently share information internationally however if we were to then this would comply with all data protection law.
You have the right to a ‘subject access request’ to gain access to personal information that we hold about you. If you make a subject access request, and if we do hold information about you then we will give you:
- All information we hold on you, including notes and email trace
- An account of how this information was obtained
- A description of how we have used your data
If you would like to make a request, please contact our data protection officer. This can take up to 2 weeks to process.
Your other rights regarding your data:
Under data protection law, you have certain rights regarding how your personal data is used and kept safe. You have the right to:
- Object to the use of your personal data if it would cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent your data being used to send direct marketing
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data corrected, deleted or destroyed, or restrict processing
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection regulations
To exercise any of these rights, please contact our data protection officer.
Our legal rights:
We only collect and use your personal data when the law allows us to. We process it where:
- We need to comply with a legal obligation
- Information has been required out of public interest
- We need to fulfil a contract we have entered with you, documents will have been signed regarding this. Either manually or electronically.
You can opt out at any time.
We take all complaints regarding the collection and use of your information very seriously. If you would like to get in touch regarding this then please address Max Bruckshaw, our data protection officer, in writing at Bruckshaw Associates, Eagle Tower, Cheltenham, GL501TA. All complaints will be resolved in writing within 5 working days.
Our Clients Say
This is the second time in a couple of years that I have used Bruckshaws across two different companies, and I firmly regard them as the best independently owned specialist finance recruitment company in the area.
"We have always received quality candidates,
"We have used Bruckshaws for all of our permanent finance recruitments over the last 5 years
Kat works hard to meet client need, from the inception of a request, through clearly understanding the requirements and agreeing the delivery and execution of all recruitment projects she has been asked to help with
I have used Bruckshaw's over the past few years as both client and candidate .
I have worked with Bruckshaws on numerous occasions they always listens to the skill sets required and provides a selection of capable candidates