Assistant Accountant FTC
Bruckshaw Associates are recruiting for an immediately available Assistant Accountant for a 3 month FTC. Working for our manufacturing client in South Gloucestershire, you will perform accounting duties such as working within manufacturing accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and management accounting/reporting. You will be keen to take on challenges, develop your accounting skills as well as expand your knowledge and experience. This is potentially a very varied role as accounting support will be required in a variety of different disciplines as the need arises.
Although not an exhaustive list your main responsibilities during this time will be:
- General accounting and processing support for all the ledgers
- General accounting duties to support both the manufacturing ledger and the sales and distribution ledgers will be required. This will include working within manufacturing accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and management accounting / reporting.
- Manufacturing and Service Works Orders - financial close and review
- Matching GRNS and Invoices
- Inputting Invoices into JDE sub ledgers
- Calculating, preparing and posting accruals to GL
- Maintaining accounting spreadsheets
- Analysing and calculating prepayments and accruals
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
It will be vital that you have comprehensive working knowledge of all the above, desirable that you have prior experience of JD Edwards but not necessary. Strong excel skills and a confident user of Microsoft Office packages. Whilst it is paramount that you have the relevant experience and skillset, attitude and team fit will be equally as important when compiling a short list. My client is looking to move ahead with this very quickly so if this is of interest please don’t delay in either submitting your CV or calling across to Gareth at Bruckshaw Associates